Pioneer Hall, also known as the old rock church, is located at 1137 West 7800 South and was built in 1867. This historic sandstone building was originally used as a meetinghouse for Mormon pioneers. In 1937 the Archibald Gardner Camp of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers restored the building and renamed it “Pioneer Hall.” It has been used as a dance hall, social center, reception center and a house of worship ever since.
The building is 2,558 square feet and can accommodate about 100 people. It was extensively renovated in 2007. The building has a stage, piano, fully functional kitchen which includes a microwave, stove, oven, refrigerator and sink, and a large open area for seating, dancing, etc. (There are also eight 60" round tables, ten 8' banquet tables, and 100 folding chairs available.) There is no sound system.
To arrange a showing, email Ashleigh O'Connor with the date and time you'd like to see the building.
How to Rent Pioneer Hall
- Read the Pioneer Hall informational brochure.
- Read the sections of the Facility Use Policy that apply to Pioneer Hall.
- Make your reservation Online. Deposit and fee are due with reservation.
- Proof of insurance is due two weeks prior to your reservation date by emailing a certificate to Ashleigh O'Connor or by bringing it to City Hall. Insurance Requirements
Rates are based on a 1/2 day morning, 1/2 evening and full day rate for resident and nonresident
1/2 day morning 8 a.m.—2 p.m.
1/2 day evening 3:30 p.m.—12 a.m.
Full day 8 a.m.—12 a.m.
1/2 day morning $150
1/2 day evening $200
Full day rate $350
1/2 day morning $180
1/2 day evening $230
Full day rate $380
For more information, email Ashleigh O'Connor
| || |
| Exterior of Pioneer Hall – First Church in |
|Interior view looking toward stage |
|Community parks are large, sometimes multi-use parks, and often include specialty features like baseball complexes, rodeo grounds, soccer fields and large natural areas. They may also include open grassy play areas, play structure and picnic tables. Some have pavilions available for rental. |
How to Rent a Park Pavilion
Pavilions are available to reserve at Constitution Park and Veterans Memorial Park only. Pavilion reservations are for a full day (9 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.) Pavilions are cleaned first thing in the morning for the day's reservation.
1. Read the Online Pavilion Rental Tips.
2. Read section IV of the Facility Use Policy (page 5) that pertains to pavilion park rentals and insurance for large events over 200 guests as well as other applicable sections.
3. Make your reservation online. Fees and deposit (when applicable) are due with the reservation. Deposit Refund Information
4. For large groups of 200 or more guests, a proof of insurance is due two weeks prior to your reservation date by emailing a certificate to Ashleigh O'Connor or bringing it to City Hall.
Athletic fields, Special Events and Arena rentals are available for use according to our Facility Use Policy. Reservations and deposits can be made online. Special events not at one of our reservable parks or athletic fields should email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Inflatable ride/bounce houses are not allowed on city property as of April 2016.
NOTE: No adult play is allowed at the Youth Sports Complex located at 7965 S. 4000 West. Reservations are required for all use.