|If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud all papers, receipts, cancelled checks, mail from companies, etc. related to this crime. We may contact you for these items if needed. |
Here is a list of resources you may wish to contact to assist you. Some may require the report number you obtain at the end of this online police report process.
Click below to start the report. Start Report
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Unsolicited or unused credit card offers as well bank statements should be shredded prior to disposal.