The official site of the City of West Jordan, Utah 8000 S. Redwood Rd., West Jordan, Utah 84088 - (801) 569-5000  
Welcome to West Jordan... home of the good neighbor
Follow us on Twitter  Facebook Search -  powered byGoogle Power
Skip Navigation Links
Online Citizen Police Report
Animal Control
Animal Adoptions
Animal Licenses
Animal Control Ordinance
Animal Control Services
License Applications
Lost Pets
Animal Control FAQ
Citizen Police Academy
Command Staff
Crime Prevention
Online Information Center
Identity Theft Information
Crime Reports
Kids Online
Domestic Violence
Investigations Bureau
Crime Scene
Missing Persons
Off Duty Employment
Officer Involved Critical Incident
Body Cameras
Patrol Services
Extra Patrol Request
Motorcycle Squad
Police Service Dogs (K-9)
School Crossings
Speed Board Request
Police Alerts
Police Service Programs
Victim Assistance
Police Support Services
Alarm Permit Application
Property Return Request
Court Security/Bailiff
Warrant Division
Professional Standards
Volunteers In Police Service
Police FAQ's
Police Officer/Recruit Results
  Police FAQ

Contact the Records Division 801-256-2000 for any information or questions regarding the police department.

Question: Can I get a copy of an accident report?
If you wish to obtain a copy of a traffic accident report, you must be an involved party, family member, or an insurance agent for an involved party. There is a charge of $10.00 per copy. Please give us 5 to 10 days following the accident before requesting a copy. Copies of the photos taken of the accident are $25.00 per set.

Question: Can I get a copy of a crime report?
If you wish to obtain a copy of a crime report, you must submit an in-person request to the police department. Each request will be processed to ensure compliance with the GRAMA privacy act, which restricts the types of information that may be released. Most requests can be processed within 10 days. Police reports are $10.00 per copy.

Question: Can I get my fingerprints taken at the police department?
Answer: Fingerprints are taken each Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for a cost of $10.

Question: How do I obtain a bicycle registration?
Answer: Bicycle registrations can be obtained free of charge by filling out a form at the police department. Please bring the bicycle to the main lobby of the police station in order for us to verify the serial number.

Question: How do I get personal property returned that has been booked into police evidence?
Answer: You must submit the form entitled 
Request for Return of Property or contact the evidence/property custodian at 801-256-2056.

Question: How do I license my dog?
Take your proof of a current rabies vaccination and/or spay or neuter to the City of West Jordan Finance Department on the second floor of City Hall, 8000 S. Redwood Rd. They will license your pet for a fee. Did you know that your cat must also be licensed? Animal Control questions should be directed to the West Jordan Animal Shelter at 801-282-3951. You can also visit the Animal Control page on this site for more information.

Question: How do I get a Restraining or Protective Order?
This varies according to your situation. For personal assistance contact our victim assistance caseworkers at 801-566-6511.

Question: What is the non-emergency number to contact the West Jordan Police Department?
The number to call when reporting a non-emergency crime or need to speak with a police officer is 801-840-4000. For police administration or to speak with a detective concerning your case, call 801-256-2000.

Question: I have a home/business alarm. Do I need to register it with the City of West Jordan?
Yes, and there is no charge.  However, failure to obtain a permit from us could result in fines being levied. Contact Melody by email at or via telephone at 801-256-2000 for answers to your questions.

Question: How do I find out the status/disposition of my police report?
Answer: If you would like information about the status or outcome of a police report that you made, call 801-256-2008. Using your case number, we will tell you the name of the investigator and give you his or her phone number. You may then call the investigator to discuss your case.

Question: How do the police decide which calls to respond to first?
Answer: The dispatcher and police sergeant make the decision based on available information and their experience. Calls are given a priority code ranging from 1 to 9. An example of a priority 1 call would be a call where there are injuries, death, or a significant threat of injuries requiring immediate police response. An example of a priority 9 call would be a citizen who just needs to ask a police officer a question. Many times calls require two or more police officers and there may be several of these types of incidents occurring at one time. Please be patient and if the situation changes, you can call us back and give us any new information. Just like the emergency room at the hospital, calls are prioritized and are not always handled in the order they were received. 

Question: How do I report a non-emergency situation?
For non-emergency reports please call 801-840-4000 and speak with the dispatch center. This keeps the 9-1-1 lines open for emergencies.

Question: Can I make an anonymous complaint or give an anonymous tip to the police?
Yes, to provide non-emergency information such as drug activity, or to provide tips for us to follow up on, please call 801-569-5111 and leave a voice mail. Please be specific as possible by providing dates, times, and locations if this information is available to you.

Question:  I have questions or concerns about a police officer’s actions.  Is there someone I can call to discuss the matter?
These matters can usually be resolved by speaking to the officer’s supervisor. Please call 801-256-2000 and ask to speak with the officer’s supervisor. If you don’t know the officer’s name, you can tell us the date, time and location of the incident, and we can help you get in touch with the supervisor. If you are not satisfied with the result, you can come to the police station and complete a formal, written statement that will be forwarded to the lieutenant assigned to investigate these matters.

Question:  Are tours of the police department available or can I have a representative of the police department come speak to a group?
Answer: Yes, to both questions.  Please call 801-256-2032 or 801-256-2033 and speak with one of our representatives from our Crime Prevention Unit to schedule an event. You can also visit the Crime Prevention page on this website for more information.

Copyright © 2016 - 8000 S. Redwood Rd., UT 84088 - (801) 569-5000  Privacy Policy  Contact Webmaster