The official site of the City of West Jordan, Utah 8000 S. Redwood Rd., West Jordan, Utah 84088 - (801) 569-5000  
Welcome to West Jordan... home of the good neighbor
Follow us on Twitter  Facebook Search -  powered byGoogle Power
West Jordan honors those that gave it all!

The Engineering Department is responsible for administering several different types of bonds used in construction in the City.  These include:


  • Public Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit
  • Land Disturbance Permit
  • Water/Sanitary Sewer Service Abandonment Permit
  • Sanitary Sewer Service Connection Permit

Access to the forms for these permits is shown below and you may begin the process by contacting the Engineering Department at (801) 569-5070.


Public Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit

This permit is used whenever excavation will occur in the City’s rights-of-way or an activity occur which will impede traffic on a public roadway. 


Land Disturbance Permit

This permit is typically used by Developers when they wish to begin earthmoving, after having completed the development processing of their project.  There are actually two types of permits available:  one for clearing and grubbing, and one for major earthmoving. 


Water/Sanitary Sewer Service Abandonment Permit 

In situations where an existing structure is demolished or removed, water and sanitary sewer service connections are also required to be abandoned according to City standards and processes.  Not following these requirements can lead to contamination of the City’s water system, or overflows in the City’s wastewater system due to blockages.  .


Sanitary Sewer Service Connection Permit 

Connection to the City’s water system requires a separate approval to ensure it is being done correctly and is being connected to the proper system.  .


Permit Forms


Copyright © 2016 - 8000 S. Redwood Rd., UT 84088 - (801) 569-5000  Privacy Policy  Contact Webmaster